Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Waterloo Co. Ontario 1852 Census

My Religious analysis of the 1852 Waterloo Co. census has been completed and the results have been posted on my web site. I undertook the project as the surname spellings are way off, rendering it difficult to find ancestors using the search engine for the 1852 Census Transcription at Automatedgenealogy.com site.

I analyzed the data according to the three religious affiliations which accounted for 64% of the population of Waterloo Co. in 1852. Mennonites 447 , Lutherans 414 and Wesleyan Methodists 176, accounted for 64% of the total population of 1600 residents. I have published the names, ages and occupations of the members of each religion on my web site. Families that of interest to my personal research have been highlighted in yellow. I do not have information on any other lines other then those that are highlighted.

1 comment:

Norman Rogers said...

I would like to look over your list. How do I find your website and your analysis of 1852 census in Waterloo?

thanks

Norman Rogers
normroge@sympatico.ca